The Africa Digital Awards which is to celebrate, recognize and honor brands and organizations that are impacting Africa positively via digital technologies yesterday organized the Awards to celebrate Ghana’s Digital ecosystem.
The event which was held at the Stanbic Business Incubator at the Silver Star Towers saw different digital professionals attending to celebrate the Winners.
The Awards also honored Ghana’s Digital Pacesetters with Prof. Nii Quaynor being honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions towards the development of the Internet in Ghana, Derek Laryea receiving the Digital Influencer of the Year, Moses K Baiden of Margins Group was honored with the Digital CEO of the Year.
Here are the winners for the 10 voting categories;
- Digital Bank – Ecobank Ghana
- Agritech Innovation – Complete Farmer
- Digital Education Institution – Ashesi University
- Fintech Company – ExpressPay
- Digital Media Organization – Multimedia Group
- Non-Profit Organization – EmPawa Africa
- Telco of the Year – MTN Ghana
- Digital Agency – Social Ghana
- Digital Government Agency – GhanaPost GPS
- Ecommerce Company of the Year – Jumia Ghana
Frank Adotey Kpakpo known in the esports industry as WondaKid was honored with esports player of the Year which was supposed by TechxHub.
Foster Awintiti Akugri who is the chair of the board for Africa Digital Awards also iterated that Africa’s Digital Boom is now and all the necessary support should be given to the scheme in recognizing and honoring African Developers, designers among others who are greatly impacting the continent immensely.